Tues 6.30 – 9.30 p.m Duration 10 weeks
Start Date: Tuesday 28th January 2020
Tuition Fee: €300
This is a practically based course shaped with the input of both family and autistic individuals. Universally designed and taught through a combination of presentation and practical simulation, this course is designed to equip those who support autistic individuals with practical, evidence-based strategies to manage all of the challenges faced by an autistic individual in their day-to-day life, while ensuring the autonomy of the autistic individual remains central at all times.
- Co-occuring conditions (Dyspraxia, ADHD, Mental Wellbeing etc)
- Anxiety and sensory processing
- Girls in autism
- Environmental structure and modification
- Neurodiverse learning and different learning styles
- How to navigate physical spaces
- Emotional literacy
- Helping to prevent autistic burnout
Graduates receive a certificate awarded by Cork Education & Training Board.